I figured since the "big game" was tomorrow I should post some kind of recipe. Not that I would have even known there was a game if E! hadn't mentioned Kelly Clarkson was signing the national anthem and had an easy act to follow. (Poor Christina.)
This recipe came to me from my dear friend, Suella, who is one of the best cooks I know. She gave me permission to reprint it years ago, but I have been saving this for a special occasion. I suppose the Super Bowl is special enough, but I want to take the time also celebrate Suella's discovery of some pretty amazing artistic talents!
This is one of the best crab dip recipes I have ever had and I think the secret is the apple cider. I highly recommend this!
Have a great weekend! Hope your team wins!
Suella's Most Excellent Hot Crab Dip
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat (for for the good stuff)
- 8 ounces salad shrimp2 packages (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream of horseradish
- Sliced almond (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Place in a small backing dish (make sure there is a little room so it doesn't bubble over).
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Top with sliced almonds and serve hot with crackers or bread.