You'll notice that this recipe calls for brown muscavado sugar. While you can use regular brown sugar, I would highly recommend you use the muscavado because it really adds something to the taste and texture and is the magic ingredient to these cookies.
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown muscavado sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown muscavado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli Chocolate 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 6 ounces Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon pads.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Place the butter in the bowl on an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the sugars and continue mixing, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and the vanilla extract, beating until incorporated.
- Add half of the flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Add the remaining flour, again mixing until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand and fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, spoon the dough onto a baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie and bake on the middle rack until the cookies are lightly golden brown and still soft in the middle, about 14 minutes.
- Let cookies rest for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing them to a baking rack with a wide metal spatula.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking rack for a few minutes before eating.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
I know this totally goes off our diet, but we are making them for our friend's baby shower and had to share the recipe. I had just two tonight. 7 delicious points and worth it!