Summertime is grilling time but we rarely think about grilling fruit. It really is a wonderful way to take advantage of all the amazing fruit in season as well as a healthy treat. One of my favorite fruits to grill is pineapple. It goes with almost anything and also makes a nice spread! Now, I don't personally have a barbecue since, well, I don't have a yard, so I prepare this in my handy stove top grill pan. However you do this, it's easy and delicious.
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 lime
- Vegetable oil to coat grill
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Cut ends off the pineapple and reserve stems.
- Stand pineapple upright and cut off the skin in strips.
- Quarter the pineapple lengthwise and cut out the core.
- Cut each quarter into 3 spears.
- Zest the lime and reserve.
- Cut the zested lime in half and squeeze the juice over the spears.
- Brush the grill pan or outdoor grill with vegetable oil or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Grill pineapple until evenly marked all over, 5 minutes.
- Garnish spears with lime zest, drizzled honey and sesame seeds.
- Arrange with stems on platter.