One of my main tasks this week was to clean out my pantry. (It's really just my big cupboard, but pantry sounds fancier.) My goal is to clean this out and use some of those canned goods that are just taking up space. I had all the fixins to make several pumpkin pies, but was just not motivated to make pie. Not that it's hard, but it's just messy and takes time. While I was cruising Recipzaar I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Pudding and thought I would give it a go. This was one easy recipe and it turned out super yummy! It really is just pumpkin pie without the crust, but a bit creamier. It was so easy I will definitely make it again. To make it a bit more figure friendly I used non-fat evaporated milk. A lot of members on Recipezaar also made it with Spenda, but that's going too far for me. I made a double batch and cooked it for seven hours. YUMMO!
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- whipped topping (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together the first eight ingredients.
- Transfer to crock pot coated with Pam.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Serve in bowls with whip cream, if desired.