Oh, comfort food. You've gotta love it! There are just times you want to put something yummy and familiar in your mouth. Yes, that sounds all sorts of naughty, but when you eat comfort food, don't you kind of feel that way? Naughty! You know this isn't the healthiest thing to do, but when you want it you want it.
I was looking for an easy crockpot recipe for Sunday. We are having brunch and I knew I wouldn't want to cook later in the day. I knew a crockpot meal was the key to us having dinner that night and having lunches for the week. Since we are going back on Weight Watchers I thought we could just splurge and have this meal one last time.
This is a super easy recipe. Honestly, just mix up the soups and the milk and throw it over the chicken and cheese. On top for that throw in the stuffin mix and chicken broth. Now, I pretended to make this more figure friendly by using low-fat soups and low-fat cheese. In my mind that worked and it tasted great, but it was kind of like ordering a burrito supreme with extra cheese and a diet coke.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4-6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter, Melted
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour Chicken broth over breasts.
- Put one slice of Swiss cheese on each breast. Combine both cans of soup and milk.
- Cover chicken breasts with soup mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix over all.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3.